Indie Game Award is a competition exclusive to Indie Game Festa exhibitors. It is created to foster the interaction between domestic and oversea indie game developers, and to encourage innovative game titles with rewards and international media exposure.
2017 is a year of innovation for indie game developers. For 3rd edition of Indie Game Award, the organizer received 70 games in total. And after competitive self-review Pre-Selection process by the participating teams, only 18 outstanding cross-platform games enter the final stage for the professional jury panel to review.
The jury panel will select the winning titles for Best Narration, Best Audio, Best Visual, Best Design, Best Technics, Best Narration, and Grand Prix. And the Audience Choice winner will be determined by the buyers’ and exhibitors’ votes on 1/19, the first day of the business area B2B Zone, Taipei Game Show. To show your support for independent game developers, be sure to take part in the on-site voting!
The winners of Indie Game Award will be revealed at the opening ceremony of Taipei Game Show. Aside from the first 7 titles, “Audience Choice” will be awarded separately during the official network party TGS Night after the first fulfilling exhibition day! We sincerely invite professionals in the game industry to participate in Taipei Game Show 2017.
The Indie Game Award nominees are: (In alphabetical order)
- Asura/ Ogre Head Studio
- Guns of Icarus Alliance/ Muse Games
- Lanota/ Noxy Games Incorporation
- Lethe/ Lethes-studio
- Catt/ 7Quark
- OPUS: The Day We Found Earth/ SIGONO INC.
- Planetoid Pioneers/ Data Realms
- Quest Heroes/ Tabletop Pixel
- Replica: A Little Temporary Safety/ Somi
- Stifled/ Gattai Games
- Swappy Monka/ Digitopolis Studio
- TAVERN GUARDIANS/ WOMBO COMBO GAMES INC.
- Uri: The Sprout of Lotus Creek/ DreamTree Games
- Zombie Rollerz/ Zing Games Inc.
- Blue Blood Lagoon/ Erotes Studio
- Detention/ Red Candle Games
- Y/ Y
- MonsterJump/ Owalker Studio
The detail information of both award ceremonies is as follows: